Just Julee Designs came to be as the result of my personal desire to have a separate knitting bag for my sock projects. I was frustrated with my sock yarn and needles getting tangled up in my larger knitting bag. I started playing with designs, intending to whip up something practical fairly quickly. As I experimented, the Math teacher in me took over, and I started to think about using geometric shapes beyond squares and rectangles. As the bag design developed, I knew I wanted something unique for the fabric. A trip to the fabric store yielded the signature trademark of Just Julee bags - batiks - and Just Julee Designs was born.

All of my bags and needle cases are made with at least one lovely 100% cotton batik fabric, making each bag a unique item due to the nature of the non-repetitive designs and colors of the batiks. They are lovingly crafted one bag at a time. I strive for top quality in my fabrics and in my construction of my bags and needle cases.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

VOGUE KNITTING LIVE

These are the original square based project bags I designed for sale at Vogue Knitting Live in New York City in January of 2011. The bags are named for New York locations, complete with descriptions.
New York Botanical Garden
Broadway
Times Square
                                                       
Central Park
Trinity Church
Bronx Zoo
Coney Island

               

No comments:

Post a Comment